Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

single housing?

cmu2468cmu2468 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I'm in the process of choosing between two standard single rooms, one in morewood etower and the other in 5th floor of morewood gardens. I looked at the floorplans for both, but can anyone fill me in about the furniture in each of these rooms, how big they are, is the bed a lofted desk bed , whats it like living in each building etc..
Thanks !
Post edited by cmu2468 on

Replies to: single housing?

• completelykatecompletelykate Registered User Posts: 1,176 Senior Member
    How are you choosing between two singles? If you are a freshman, your room is assigned to you, and if you are an upperclassman, you can't live in e-tower (unless you're an RA... in which case you'd know your room already).
  • mom2012and14mom2012and14 - Posts: 888 Member
    As we all know from these threads, singles can be assigned for medical reasons as well. Let's allow the OP their dignity here. But how you got a choice of which dorm your single will be is certainly most interesting!
    As a freshman, you should live with other freshman to meet more people- take e-tower.
    Either way- your bathroom is outside the room.

Morewood Gardens rooms are so inconsistent and irregular-- no room the same. You can loft or unloft any bed at CMU in any dorm -- put it a "housing maintenance request" on the housing website.

The desk could very well be under the bed or even the dresser.

Etower- much more consistent rooms - singles far and few between.
  • CaliforniaDancerCaliforniaDancer Registered User Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    Well, to me it would be simple...E-Tower if you're a freshman, Gardens otherwise.
    Check OP's other post. S/he is apparently a sophomore, which means housing in e-tower is pretty close to impossible (if it were a medical reason that required a single s/he would be in a Morewood or Resnik single for certain before e-Tower... freshman dorms are always overbooked).

If for some reason this is actually the case and your details are not wrong, OP, I agree with the advice already given above. However, you might want to double check where you're being offered a single just to make sure. :p
  • cmu2468cmu2468 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    oops! yea I thought the morewood etower single offer was weird. I had one freshmen year, and I know we can't retain freshmen rooms. sorry! I actually was given a choice between a resnik single and a morewood single. the reason why i had two choices(unofficially) was because someone was willingly to switch their resnik single with me, for my one bedroom in webster. I sent in my single room request offer , so thats why I got a mw single offer later.
    I'm going for resnik, I've been in the mw rooms and they're too small and I didn't like the lofted beds last year :p
    Yeahhh, definitely go for Resnik. way nicer than Morewood in every category.
This discussion has been closed.