Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do I really have to send EVERY SINGLE act I ever took?

undertaker1664undertaker1664 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
CMU said I had to but I do not understand why...
Post edited by undertaker1664 on

Replies to: Do I really have to send EVERY SINGLE act I ever took?

• tyralistyralis Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    Essentially, the reasoning is this: if you take the test a bunch of times, you'll do better on it not because your aptitude/general knowledge has gone up (the reason that they have you take standardized testing) but because you just got better at taking one specific test. It's not like like they'll look down on someone who took it twice (or even three) times, but if you've taken in 7 times, your last few scores won't count for much with the admissions office.

And yes, you have to. If they suspect that you didn't send all the ones you took, they will contact the testing service. Testing services won't release your scores without your permission, but my understanding is that they will tell the school whether you've taken it other times.
  • mom2012and14mom2012and14 - Posts: 888 Member
    Unfortunately you have also to pay the college board for all your sat subject tests as well.

CMU like all other competitive schools superscore but do request to see all scores taken.

Don't think for a minute you can leave them out - -like it's an honors system or something-- it's not, the ACT and SAT have a note that other exam dates were taken and do not appear in the report. So send them as requested.
  • physicsdude1992physicsdude1992 Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    Yes. Honesty is always the best policy. Like seriously, it is
This discussion has been closed.