Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Confirmation letter

hectorbohectorbo Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
edited February 2009 in Carnegie Mellon University
I applied on Dec 31st and I still haven't received a email confirmation. I'm really worried. But on my commonapp, it says that they downloaded the application. Should I call them? Has everyone else received their letters? Thanks for your help.
Post edited by hectorbo on

Replies to: Confirmation letter

• GregoryHouseGregoryHouse Registered User Posts: 394 Member
    I applied dec 20ish nothing yet.
  • Ren the SAT'erRen the SAT'er Registered User Posts: 2,303 Senior Member
    i applied on the last day, before RD deadline, and on jan 18, i got an email confirmation. then 3 days later,i got my CM packet(it has ur admission ID and stuff ,with a cd).

be patient guys =P im sure it'll mail it out
  • lafayettelafayette Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    Mine didn't show up and it's been 3 months since I submitted the Common App. I sent them an e-mail about it. I'd say wait a little longer (they're really busy right now) and then let them know.
  • ysberaysbera Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    I don't have mine either
  • cherry0809cherry0809 Registered User Posts: 233 Junior Member
    may be you should call them up instead of waiting for their email replies. when i email them, they normally take one week to reply me, what a long wait!!
  • ysberaysbera Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    I just received mine today, I live in China. The letter was dated January 6th though.
  • lafayettelafayette Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    I called (the email told me to call...) and they said that they sent mine, but then I received a promotional paper thing with pictures of Pittsburgh and stuff on it. I'm worried that that is what they sent and not my ID, so I'm waiting a few days and then I'll call again if it doesn't come. I just hope I can get it in time to apply for financial aid...
This discussion has been closed.