Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Case Western in winter?

lvvcsflvvcsf Registered User Posts: 2,110 Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Case Western Reserve University
D and family visited CWRU this past Wednesday. University Circle is beautiful and the campus feels much larger than it actually is. It is a rather spread out campus with the dorms being about a 10 min walk from the academic buildings. Not bad on a nice summer day but I was wondering how it is during those snow belt winters? Do they keep things (roads and side walks) well plowed?

My D plays viola and would like to continue playing even though she wants to major in engineering. I believe this is the only University we have visited to have practice rooms in the dorms. I for one was impressed.
Post edited by lvvcsf on

Replies to: Case Western in winter?

• jkrtistjkrtist Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    They do quite a good job paving, but do be careful walking, as it can get slippery at night!
  • fauxmavenfauxmaven Registered User Posts: 1,794 Senior Member
    Weren't there underground tunnels ? That's what I remember ,from building to building /
  • cecilturtlececilturtle Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    i remember the tunnels downtown--they're quite extensive, including an enormous Mall. But I can't remember seeing tunnels on the campus.
  • RandomPasserRandomPasser Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Case gets a lot of now, and knows how to deal with it. Maintenance does a really good job at salting and plowing sidewalks -- too good of a job, if you ask me (snowplows etc. woke me up at 5am sometimes)

Many buildings on the Quad are interconnected, and you can learn how to avoid stepping outside in between classes.

If you're talking about the tunnels that the older grad students talk of, then those were locked down around '08, if I'm not mistaken.
This discussion has been closed.