Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Accepted Students-Boarding Pass?

Jazmine1423Jazmine1423 Registered User Posts: 451 Member
I was accepted to Case Western EA and in my acceptance package I got a boarding pass giving me a free flight to and from case western in order to visit. It said that only a select number of students got this boarding pass- what was the criteria? I don't understand why I got it-I'm grateful, but slightly confused, lol. I didn't think my application was very unique.
Post edited by Jazmine1423 on

Replies to: Accepted Students-Boarding Pass?

• ProudpatriotProudpatriot Registered User Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    IDK what the criteria is but it's pretty cool!
  • mtown27mtown27 Registered User Posts: 265 Junior Member
    My son did not get a boarding pass. Note that we have already visited Case and we did not fill out the CSS/Financial Aid Profile, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • beautifulchick95beautifulchick95 Registered User Posts: 519 Member
    IDK maybe because i got into case EA as well, have not visited and did not get a boarding pass
  • Jazmine1423Jazmine1423 Registered User Posts: 451 Member
    Yeah I wasn't sure if it what it was for but if it helps I filled out financial aid, and I am OOS so I did not get a chance to visit. Bump?
  • chillin2013chillin2013 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    the boarding pass is not based upon financial aid but upon who had the opportunity to visit Case. since i have been to the campus, i did not receive one, though a friend of mine who did not visit (but is very well off and did not apply for aid), did receive one
    So how come everyone who did not have the opportunity to visit not receive one? Two other kids from my school applied and got in and neither got one- I just want to know how it's determined because I have been wondering for a while. I called and they said they are not allowed to release that information.
  • RunsWScissorsRunsWScissors Registered User Posts: 456 Member
    Take it as a compliment. For whatever reason they consider you an attractive applicant. Congrats!
  • bioengineer8bioengineer8 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Could it be from where you live? I live in the suburbs of Chicago, and haven't visited yet. I don't think I got a "boarding pass"
  • unicameral2013unicameral2013 - Posts: 830 Member
    I'm jellyyyyy. I got in, no boarding pass, and probably won't visit. Makes it even less likely that I'll attend. Oh well. Congrats to those who got it!

PS - has anyone gotten their tshirt yet?
    No I haven't gotten the t-shirt yet :-/, and I called and asked (didn't give my name) and they didn't give me a reason but they said it was at the choosing of the admission officers. And I don't think I'm gonna attend either his because of distance from home and location and the fact that I got a lot more merit money from another school. Good luck to everyone for RD!
  • iamthebatmaniamthebatman Registered User Posts: 35 New Member
    I visited, got accepted, and got a boarding pass.
    And no, I haven't gotten the tshirt :'(
  • ccuser36ccuser36 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Has anyone gotten the tshirt yet?
  • bioengineer8bioengineer8 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I ordered the tshirt the 15th, and still haven't gotten it yet!
This discussion has been closed.