Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

how accurate is NPC's merit aid estimate?

woods1234woods1234 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
CWRU seems one of the few "good" schools where the NPC actually estimates merit aid based on GPA/SAT/ACT scores one inputs. Does anyone have a sense of how accurate these are? For instance, if I input the max possible stats (4.0 GPA, 1600 SAT, 36 ACT), it spits out merit aid of 27500. If I lower the stats to 3.7 GPA, 1440 SAT and 33 ACT, it spits out 20000 in merit aid.
Post edited by woods1234 on

Replies to: how accurate is NPC's merit aid estimate?

• frenchhornaddictfrenchhornaddict Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    That seems reasonably accurate. I know the maximum merit scholarship this year was 30,500 and I personally got 23,000 with a 4.0 and a 32 ACT. The system may be underestimating slightly or they lowered the amounts because of the huge numbers of strong applicants they got this year.
  • Case16momCase16mom Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Woods1234, it's close, but seems a bit underestimated - a year ago, my kid got $27,500 with approximately a 3.8 and 1550/2250. But the stats for various awards may vary from year to year...
This discussion has been closed.