Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How to "Show Interest" in CWRU

bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 11,972 Forum Champion
Case considers the "Level of applicant’s interest" to be "Important" in the admissions decision.

Here are some ways to show interest:

+Sign up for information. https://go.case.edu/register/requestinformation

+Attend a college fair and talk to the admissions counselor/alumni. They will have a method for you to share your information.

+Attend a High School visit if CWRU visits your HS

+Attend a regional information session. (You get info for these if you sign up for information)

+Take a tour/Go to open house if possible. https://go.case.edu/register/?id=381e4090-5c39-4b8e-ae0c-6be721f90a48

+Sign up for an alumni interview if you can't make it to campus. https://go.case.edu/register/alumniinterview

+Asking questions not answered on website or in this forum: [email protected]
or you can ask the admissions counselor in your area; http://admission.case.edu/contact/admissioncounselors.aspx

Replies to: How to "Show Interest" in CWRU

• bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 11,972 Forum Champion
    If you sign up for info, your email will be in their system.
    If you go to a college fair, they will have a postcard for you to scan and they will have your info in the system.
    If you they visit your HS, the rep will have your name.
    If you sign up for a regional info session, you will sign up and they will have your name.
    etc
    etc
    Bump for new applicants.
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Registered User Posts: 1,704 Senior Member
    Always be sure to use the same email address - that's how the school will tie all these touches together.
  • espacio123espacio123 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    Case scans all the documents you send in and notes they have into one big electronic file that counselors can access on their computers. So alumni interviews etc will all be in that one file.
    Bump for the class of 2016
  • sltxdadsltxdad Registered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
    Admissions holds online events from time-to-time. Watch their web page for opportunities, sign up, and be sure to attend!
    Bump again
  • MidwestDad3MidwestDad3 Registered User Posts: 2,186 Senior Member
    This is excellent advice--for Case in particular, but for many other schools, as well. With the increase in numbers of applications nationally, colleges and universities are more concerned about yield than ever.

As a general rule, except at the very top it is a good idea to show interest, in multiple ways.
    edited October 2015
    Bump for 2016...Also be sure to open emails that get sent to you.
  • WanderinglostWanderinglost Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I got a 26 on my ACT (bad test taker's anxiety) and I know this isn't exactly a shining star at Case but it is my top choice in school and I have shown a lot of interest in the school. Do you think this increases my chances or should I just plan for the worst when RD comes out in March?
  • jumbletumblesjumbletumbles Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    I keep reading that people should open the emails sent to them from Case. Can anyone enlighten me on why? Other than the obvious reason that there may be some important info included about your application.
    Seeing that advise repeatedly makes me think there's an Easter egg in it or something!
    Because they can "see" if you have opened them....If they are choosing between the person who has had an interview and has opened up/read a bunch of their emails vs. one who hasn't, they are going with the person who has shown the interest. Case, like many other colleges, wants the people who are offered admission to enroll. They increase those chances by taking your interest into account...They don't want the "well if I don't get into MIT I guess I'll go there" people.
  • jumbletumblesjumbletumbles Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    How can they see if an email has been open/read if your settings are to NOT send read receipts? Short of allowing read receipts to be sent, I'm unaware of how anyone sending emails can know this.
    Should read receipts be turned ON then just for application season for this reason?
This discussion has been closed.