Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What is Case's lowest accepted ACT score?

H02579H02579 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Does anyone know what is Case's lowest accepted ACT score?
I really like Case and want to apply but my ACT score is very, very low. (20)

According to this graph it looks like the lowest accepted ACT score is 21? I have 0 chance?
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/GPA-SAT-ACT-Graphs/ss/case-western-reserve-university-admission-gpa-sat-act.htm

Replies to: What is Case's lowest accepted ACT score?

• shawnspencershawnspencer Registered User Posts: 3,110 Senior Member
    Those who have been accepted with below average ACT scores usually have something "extra" sometimes known as a hook in order to be accepted. It's not like they just accept students "just because." These can be some things such as exceptional performance at a science fair or [insert other activity here], legacy, first generation, athlete, or some combination of the above. You shouldn't be aiming for the "lowest possible point" although if you don't apply, you will never know. A good suggestion is to apply and make sure you have reliable safeties and backups, as Case Western is getting more selective
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 11,476 Forum Champion
    I would agree to put more effort into finding schools where your ACT is about the 50%tile. If you are not a senior, then start studying for the ACT or perhaps SAT!
  • MasterThinkerMasterThinker Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Use Case's 50% percentile as a benchmark. Case does not have a minimum cutoff score. Make sure to apply to some colleges with ACT average around your's and apply to Case as a reach school.
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 11,476 Forum Champion
    Like an above poster said, for ANY college, if you look at the lowest AP/SAT it is usually of someone who is exceptionally strong in some other area (has a "hook"), be it sports or music or the ability to donate to the college. So as MasterThinker said, you want to look more toward the 50% to see if you are in the ballpark.
  • espacio123espacio123 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    I wouldn't hesitate to apply. Case really does look at the overall application. It's a hard sell, but not impossible.
  • MasterThinkerMasterThinker Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Also, Case does not have an application fee. That means there is no downside to applying.
This discussion has been closed.