right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Case Western Applicants Class of 2021!

Replies to: Case Western Applicants Class of 2021!

• GettingRektGettingRekt 107 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    Accepted with 29.5K merit scholarship.

Stats:
    36 ACT
    1590 SAT
    UGPA: 4.000
    WGPA: 4.4ish (I think...? it appears on my transcript but totally forgot lol)

I'll probably do a complete stats, ECs, etc. thing once all of my decisions come out. Congrats everyone! and for those who didn't get in, y'all gonna slay no matter where you go. also admissions seems really arbitrary this year because one of my friends (1570 SAT, 780 Physics SAT II, 800 MATHII, good ECs) got rejected without even a waitlist
    edited March 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • kjflhdkjflhd 13 replies0 threads New Member
    Admitted with $29.5k scholarship. 35 ACT. 1560 SAT. 4.00 UGPA. 4.6 WGPA.
    · Reply · Share
    does anyone know what the highest value for a merit scholarship is?
    · Reply · Share
  • picuberootpicuberoot 224 replies17 threads Junior Member
    29.5K scholarship. 36 ACT, 1550 SAT, 4.0 UW, 4.4W
    · Reply · Share
  • Synful122Synful122 55 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I got admitted but I can't find my financial aid. I got a $23k scholarship which is great but I need to know FA.
    · Reply · Share
  • xiaospxiaosp 14 replies2 threads New Member
    scroll down the admission letter and you will find the financial letter link
    · Reply · Share
    did anyone else get a personal note from McCullough about your app?
    · Reply · Share
  • willz99willz99 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Got a 23.5K scholarship.
    96.2 gpa (sorry my school goes out of 100)
    31 ACT (33 ss)
    10 APs
    Four years of HS track
    Fenced at the national level
    NHS secretary
    A few other clubs w/o positions
    No SAT IIs

Based off of what I'm hearing from some for you, seems I was pretty lucky cuz some of you have great resumes. Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • pgh123pgh123 26 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree with @GettingRekt! The class of 2021 is gonna do amazing wherever they end up:)
    edited March 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • Koli_Ind_99Koli_Ind_99 98 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Waitlisted..
    · Reply · Share
  • seaotter17seaotter17 160 replies12 threads Junior Member
    Accepted with 23k in scholarship!
    In-state, 34 ACT, 3.8 UW top 5% rank, 11 AP's...
    Congrats to everybody who got in!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • pgh123pgh123 26 replies0 threads New Member
    @willz99 your acceptance was well deserved! Don't doubt yourself kid.
    · Reply · Share
  • Kramer1Kramer1 108 replies8 threads Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    Waitlisted
    33 ACT
    1440 Sat
    790 Chem
    4.0 WGPA
    Won't be accepting a place on the waitlist because I already got into Northeastern which is my first choice
    edited March 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • Ariz0naAriz0na 198 replies46 threads Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    Waitlisted at Case but accepted at Wash U??? Whatever...congrats to those who got in!
    edited March 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • chel17chel17 152 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @willz99 completely agree with @pgh123 Don't doubt for a minute that you have earned your spot on the accepted list. You and every one else that I have seen have obviously worked ridiculously hard. Those accepted-celebrate!!!. Those waitlisted or declined-you will undoubtedly have many really good choices and will land where you are meant to do great things.
    · Reply · Share
  • Eeeee127Eeeee127 880 replies4 threads Member
    does case give full ride scholarships to waitlisted applicants who are accepted? I'm debating whether I should accept my spot on the waitlist and will only go there if i get a full ride scholarship otherwise its umich in state tuition.
    · Reply · Share
  • willz99willz99 4 replies0 threads New Member
    @pgh123 and @chel17 Thanks, I appreciate the support. I guess I just feel bad when people who are clearly qualified don't get into a certain school.
    · Reply · Share
  • Kramer1Kramer1 108 replies8 threads Junior Member
    @Eeeee127 I'm guessing that if someone was qualified for a full ride scholarship they would have been directly accepted rather than waitlisted.
    · Reply · Share
  • Eeeee127Eeeee127 880 replies4 threads Member
    @willz99 i heard case western waitlists a ton of overqualified students who don't show a lot of demonstrated interest to keep their yield rates up. they don't want to accept an overqualified student just to have them go somewhere else.
    · Reply · Share
  • summr99Tsummr99T 37 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Waitlisted. I don't even know what to hope for. I have only one school remaining.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity