Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Case Western Applicants Class of 2021!

Replies to: Case Western Applicants Class of 2021!

• Eeeee127Eeeee127 Registered User Posts: 884 Member
    does case give full ride scholarships to waitlisted applicants who are accepted? I'm debating whether I should accept my spot on the waitlist and will only go there if i get a full ride scholarship otherwise its umich in state tuition.
  • willz99willz99 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    @pgh123 and @chel17 Thanks, I appreciate the support. I guess I just feel bad when people who are clearly qualified don't get into a certain school.
  • Kramer1Kramer1 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    @Eeeee127 I'm guessing that if someone was qualified for a full ride scholarship they would have been directly accepted rather than waitlisted.
  • Eeeee127Eeeee127 Registered User Posts: 884 Member
    @willz99 i heard case western waitlists a ton of overqualified students who don't show a lot of demonstrated interest to keep their yield rates up. they don't want to accept an overqualified student just to have them go somewhere else.
  • summr99Tsummr99T Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Waitlisted. I don't even know what to hope for. I have only one school remaining.
  • mageecrewmageecrew Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    My daughter was accepted - she’s very happy! $29,500 merit scholarship. 35 ACT, 95.5 GPA, 10 APs.

We can’t seem to find the major listed anywhere... her first choice was biomedical, but not sure what she was accepted into. Are we missing it somewhere?

Congrats to all accepted! I know all of you, whether accepted at Case or not, will do great wherever you end up.
  • JadeRockJadeRock Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
    Congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to anyone going on the waitlist!! Don't worry if you did not get accepted because I'm sure you have other great options and will have fun anywhere you go to.
  • lstb53lstb53 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    $32,000 merit scholarship. A personal note from Admissions Director on the web letter.
  • tamanotamano Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Accepted with University Scholarship (23.5k)! 3.83 UW GPA, 1500 new SAT (770 math 730 reading), 8 AP courses and 4 honors classes, fair amount of leadership and EC's
  • sciencegirl20sciencegirl20 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    waitlisted. 33 ACT, good ECs, essays, recs... disappointed is an understatement. Been quite the crappy day as I was rejected to NU as well
  • sarah2499sarah2499 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @sciencegirl20 In the same position. Declined from 4 schools today alone. :( Good luck wherever you end up, you are certainly qualified!
  • pinkmeepinkmee Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Accepted. International student
    They have this on my fin aid letter
    "Aid Duration

The financial aid outlined in your package is for one academic year. With the exception of university-provided scholarships, you must apply each academic year to receive financial aid. The retention criteria for university-provided scholarships are outlined in the General Bulletin."

I got 25k CWRU Grant. Does that count as University-provides scholarship or I have to apply for aid again next year?

Thank u
  • IamINTPIamINTP Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    Accepted. 20k Scholarship. SAT - 1420. SAT Subjects: Math2: 800, Physics: 780, Chem: 760
  • Glang77Glang77 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    @pinkmee Grants must be reapplied for each year, but it's pretty safe to say you'll get the same amount unless your family goes through a significant financial change
  • IamINTPIamINTP Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    I like how CWRU gives that special 'P.S.'' message. :D
This discussion has been closed.