right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Case Western Applicants Class of 2021!

merethingmerething 160 replies12 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
Hi everyone!

I just submitted my early action app last weekend! Anyone else applying or considering it?
497 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Case Western Applicants Class of 2021!

• malvernvarnamalvernvarna 169 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I'm all set to apply EA as soon as my English teacher writes my second letter of recommendation lol
    · Reply · Share
  • TribeAspirer2021TribeAspirer2021 25 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Just submitted my EA application; I'm super excited about Case Western! I applied for French/Poli Sci and am from Virginia. I'm still waiting on them to reach back to me about my interview request. Anyone else interview yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • fancytowelsfancytowels 36 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Applied about three weeks ago for BME Early Action. Can't wait to hear back!
    · Reply · Share
  • bopperbopper 14080 replies100 threadsForum Champion CWRU Forum Champion
    Case received interview requests and either puts them on a list or assigns them to interviewers...it may depend on if you have an alumni ambassador that lives near you or how busy they are. Be a little patient. :-)
    · Reply · Share
  • BopBop 37 replies26 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    will send in my EA app tomorrow!
    · Reply · Share
  • littleraylittleray 17 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    We are near Chicago and it took 3-4 weeks for an alumnus to contact D for an interview.
    · Reply · Share
  • chimleychimley 79 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Anyone else applying to the 8 year BS/MD program? EA
    · Reply · Share
  • merethingmerething 160 replies12 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I'm waiting on a response for an alumni interview too, but I'm not too worried about the timeline. I'm nervous that they're going to be confused about how well I fit in at Case (social sciences + humanities student, not too career-oriented,) but we'll see.
    · Reply · Share
  • fancytowelsfancytowels 36 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @chimley If you're referring to PPSP, you cannot apply to it and EA at the same time. You'd have to wait until RD. I ran across this same problem when I submitted my app and ended up dropping my PPSP app and just applying EA.
    · Reply · Share
  • TribeAspirer2021TribeAspirer2021 25 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    @littleray That's a relief; I was worried that they might not want to meet me lol. Anyways, I'm super excited and nervous. I can't imagine how I'm going to wait 45 days to find out my decision, college confidential shelter me!
    · Reply · Share
    edited November 2016
    @merething Remember, the Western Reserve part of CWRU is a liberal arts college...and there are definitely all majors at CWRU!
    Also this gives you an idea of break down of undergraduates by major:
    http://case.edu/ir/media/caseedu/institutional-research/documents/students/Enr_UG_Major_Fa2015.pdf
    edited November 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • FIN2187FIN2187 32 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited November 2016
    Heyy! I requested for an Alumni interview and heard back from them sometime last month. They told me that they couldn't find any alumni near me so someone else from the admissions department offered me an interview via skype.

Don't worry about it. If anything, the interview will help you and make you want to attend Case even more. I'm sure they will get back to you.
    edited November 2016
    · Reply · Share
    @FIN2187 Sounds good! I will continue to wait eagerly :)
    · Reply · Share
  • thshadowthshadow 768 replies34 threadsRegistered User Member
    Did anyone get any feedback after your app was submitted?

DD submitted the common app for EA at the end of October, but still hasn't gotten any email / portal info.
    · Reply · Share
  • CA1543CA1543 1610 replies8 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    @thshadow -- DS submitted app on Oct 19th -- and got info to activate the acct on Oct. 19th. It included tis info:

Subject: Tracking Your Application Status

Checking your application status
    1. Activate your CWRU Network ID
    2. Visit https://go.case.edu/status

If you experience any difficulty activating your CWRU Network ID, please contact the Case Western Reserve University Help Desk at 216-368-HELP(4357) or at help.case.edu.

Hope this helps!
    edited November 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • VryCnfsdVryCnfsd 134 replies10 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @thshadow DS received information about tracking app status shortly after applying. Has successfully logged in and checked.
    · Reply · Share
  • chimleychimley 79 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I also got mine within a couple of hours
    · Reply · Share
  • thshadowthshadow 768 replies34 threadsRegistered User Member
    Thanks for the replies. Don't know why we didn't get anything. I guess she'll email them and ask.
    · Reply · Share
  • snooznsnoozn 990 replies37 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    My D has applied EA for electrical engineering. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to visit, but she interviewed with an AO over Skype. We also attended a local hotel reception. Hopefully between that and the interview she will be seen as showing interest, which seems to be a very big deal for Case. Looks like only about a month now before EA decisions come out -- how can a month feel so long?!
    · Reply · Share
    @snoozn That sounds definitely like she is showing interest!

If you google "<College> Common Data Set" and
    then look in Section C7: Relative importance of each of the following academic and nonacademic factors in first-time, firstyear,degree-seeking (freshman) admission decisions.

Then look at "Level of applicant’s interest"

Is it Very Important, Important, Considered, or Not Considered?

For Case it shows as Important.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity