right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

***URGENT*** Case Western vs University of Arizona

silverfalls31silverfalls31 9 replies4 threads New Member
I just got off the waitlist at Case Western and I received a 25K scholarship. I plan to study biology and later on go to medical school and then become a psychiatrist. I have not done much research about opportunities for pre-med students at Case Western, but I know that is a very prestigious program for premed intended students.
If I go in-state to the University of Arizona, I will be paying about 15K for housing. But, if I go to Case Western, I will be paying about 53K a year to go. What's the best decision for a pre-med student? I have until TOMORROW to decide!!!
3 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: ***URGENT*** Case Western vs University of Arizona

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 10831 replies134 threads Senior Member
    Can your family afford the $53K/year price tag without loans at Case? If not, save your money for med school. Case has a great program but not worth going into that much debt over.
    · Reply · Share
  • silverfalls31silverfalls31 9 replies4 threads New Member
    @momofsenior1 They can afford it, but not easily. I am thinking I would much rather save the money now and have them help me through medical school.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mwfan1921Mwfan1921 5858 replies96 threads Senior Member
    @momofsenior1 They can afford it, but not easily. I am thinking I would much rather save the money now and have them help me through medical school.

Sounds like you have made your decision. Also sounds like the right one!
    · Reply · Share