Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
atreenatreen Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
I was wondering if there are any cheap rooms for lease near the area. According to case, I would be able to save approx. $15,000 on housing.

Also, it says that we have to be lodging with a relative. Does it have to be a relative? Can it be a parent's friend? How do you inform Case of your desire to not live in a dorm. I mean I really can't afford to go to case if I have to pay the housing.
Post edited by atreen on

Replies to: Housing

  • tiff90tiff90 - Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    If you are on scholarship, you can live off campus without losing aid starting junior year. It is extremely difficult to live off campus freshman/sophmore year unless you are commuting or living with a parent. I believe there is a required distance in order to be considered a commuter. It is a lot cheaper to live off campus, you save a ton on food and the housing conditions are nicer.
    It has to be a relative. There are exceptions, but talk to someone in the housing department. If you have grant money, it is taken away if you live off campus.
This discussion has been closed.