Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Chapman Fall 2013 Transfer

smalone3dsmalone3d Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
edited June 2013 in Chapman University
Hey guys, didn't see a transfer thread for Chapman for this fall so I figured I'd start one.

Dodge Digital Arts transfer applicant here. File complete and decision pending as of 3/20/13. Not sure when to expect any decisions.
Post edited by smalone3d on

Replies to: Chapman Fall 2013 Transfer

• SchroedsSchroeds Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm a screenwriting transfer applicant. Waiting anxiously for a decision reached!
  • smalone3dsmalone3d Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    Hey fellow dodge applicant! Have you gone to check out the campus yet?
    Yes, I went in August and I toured Dodge. I immediately fell in love! Is Chapman your number 1 choice?
  • kam11229kam11229 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm a psychology major, and I'm still waiting on my decision, but I've noticed some of my friends are already getting acceptences. So in anxiously waiting as well :/
    @Schroeds The only other school I applied to was USC, but I'm not entirely sure what I would do if I got into both. Depends on financial aid I suppose! How about you?

@kam are your friends transfers? i don't really know when to start expecting decisions to start coming out...
  • tinydancer224444tinydancer224444 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    what do you guys think a students GPA has to be to have a good shot at getting into chapman as a sophomore transfer?
    @smalone3d Chapman is my first choice but i'm worried about when I get a decision reached. I've heard that they might not come out until mid-may which I have to tell other schools that I applied to my decision by May 1st. Hopefully they start coming out soon! My file started pending 3/4.

@tinydancer224444 I don't really know if GPA matters so much as everything else: number of credits from other school, reference letters, Extracurricular Activities..etc. It's kind of hard to say for gpa...probably in the 3.2 range...
  • kam11229kam11229 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    My friends are also transfers. I'm under the assumption that each department sends out acceptances at separate times.
    I was glancing over some of the previous semester's transfer threads. Seems like Dodge applicants usually have to wait until at least early may. I think it's because they wait until after the Freshman commit date to decide how many spots are actually going to be available for transfers.

Lame.
  • aaaal3xxxaaaal3xxx Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    My status changed from "Application Complete" to "Additional Documents Requested" last week, I called and they said they requested my mid-term reports. I was wondering if anyone else got this? I am applying as a transfer to the Argyros School of Business and Economics for Finance. I sent them my mid-term report all A's hopefully I get admitted this is my number one choice.
  • heyheyhey1heyheyhey1 Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    Aaaalxxxx I got that letter too, I'm an accounting major but all they needed was my math grade. So I just turned that in today. Hopefully I get in.
    heyheyhey1 They requested my current math grade as well! I sent them my Bus Calc and Accounting mid-term report signed by my professors, last Friday.
    I want to double major in Finance and Accounting, hopefully we both get in!

Best of luck!
    That's insane, double major. It seems like you'll be just fine with your grades. I'm not really stressing, I got close to a 3.6 with like 70+ units, which should be fine. It's such a drag waiting because no one can ever be to sure.
    Seriously I've heard of people with 3.7s getting rejected.
    Are you located near Orange? I'm from the valley.
    wow, really!
    Kinda of, I'm from southern orange county, so it's like a 45 minute drive.
    That's cool! I was born in the valley, like Northridge. I moved after 94' the earthquake.
This discussion has been closed.