Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Chapman U or U of Miami?

sparklingmesparklingme Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
edited April 2013 in Chapman University
hey, so im a transfer student and I got into the BA in Psych at Chapman University and I got into Economics (I want to change that to Business) at University of Miami. The problem is I can't choose between the two. Money is of no object. I was just wondering what are your opinions on each?
Like is it really that hard to find friends as a transfer student?
Academic/Major wise which school is better?
How are the people at these schools?
Which will most likely get me a better job/salary in the end?

Please please help I can't decide and I just want more info on each school if possible?
Post edited by sparklingme on

Replies to: Chapman U or U of Miami?

• sukahjoysukahjoy Registered User Posts: 311 Member
    Hi Sparklingme,

Because no one else chimed in I wanted to give you a quick reply this morning before you make your decision; I looked at your past posts. Since you do not know what major you want to be for sure at this time I think you should ask the admissions office at both schools how hard it would be to switch into a business major at each school. It seems like you have some pressure from your family after spending $40,000 to $50,000 a year to find a job. If this is the case you are better off having a BS in Business. Basically you need a Doctors degree in Psychology to work:

Careers Options With a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology

And an Economics degree I do not feel is to much better; both I think will require graduate school to work in that major.

I saw at the University of Miami site that someone said Chapman is a Christian school. This is not true; for some reason Chapman has this vestige from the early 1900s that they for some reason have not wanted to remove for a reason that escapes me.

I think over 50% of students now join a Fraternity or sorority at Chapman. There are no Greek houses at Chapman involved; you basically just meet on Sunday evenings at school. If you join one of the Fraternities at Chapman you will have all the friends you would ever want while attending a college.

You said you visited Chapman but have not been to the University of Miami. I assume then that you live in California and will want to work in California after graduation (that is a big assumption on my part). With the internships and great education you can get at Chapman I would go there. If your family lives closer to Florida in your case I would go there.

At least you got one reply to your post.
This discussion has been closed.