Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Webadvisor - "Admission Approved" - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

ooorbjooooorbjoo Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2009 in Chapman University
Does anyone else log in to Webadvisor and see that it says "Admission Approved"? And then see this:

"A note from the Office of Admission: When your status in WebAdvisor changes from Decision Pending, it signals that a decision has just been made. Admission decisions are only provided through the mail. "

What does this mean? Did I get in, or do I have to wait in the mail to see if I got in?? Poor wording... someone please explain!

Replies to: Webadvisor - "Admission Approved" - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

• muhlissamuhlissa Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    I think this was discussed on another topic, but yup! You most likely did get in! Congrats!! However, it cant be confirmed until the packet gets to you, but thats what I and everyone else that got in received. Chappenings (the Chapman admissions blog) posted last year that "admission approved" translates to "accepted. So look out in the mail! :)
  • one-wayone-way Registered User Posts: 213 Junior Member
    David May confirmed on the Chappenings blog that "Admission Approved" does, in fact, mean you have been accepted.
This discussion has been closed.