Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Best Christian Honors Programs

Zamar18Zamar18 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
edited August 2012 in Christian Colleges
Which Christian schools have the best honors programs? Some things to consider are academic advantage, research opportunities, financial aid, study abroad, other unique opportunities.

So far I am looking at Oral Roberts University and Biola University.
Post edited by Zamar18 on

Replies to: Best Christian Honors Programs

• sbjdorlosbjdorlo Registered User Posts: 4,791 Senior Member
    Two young people I know are very happy in the Torrey Honors Program at Biola. Sorry I don't know any others. I think another young friend may be in the honors program at Pepperdine? (Do they have one??) At any rate, he likes the school a lot.
  • OCELITEOCELITE Registered User Posts: 994 Member
    Have you also looked into Chapman University? Chapman has a great honors program as well. They offer excellent merit-aid programs and grants with great academic advantage, research opportunities, study abroad, and other opportunities. Chapman is a jewel...you should check it out!
  • mortbertmortbert Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I've been impressed with the information on the Ockenga Scholars at Taylor. It seems to develop an honors community with some great faculty interaction. And students who are part of the program participate in a freshman year study abroad program during January that ties into the honors theme for the year. Past programs went to Jordan, Northern Ireland and South Africa.
  • missmbvmissmbv Registered User Posts: 242 Junior Member
    Perhaps Oklahoma Christian University? I was somewhat impressed with how they described their alternate core program, tight group, and interdisciplinary courses. Not to mention the up-to-date honors dorms and generous scholarships :)
This discussion has been closed.