right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Linfield college or saint mary college of cali.

xtrada123xtrada123 36 replies15 threads Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Christian Colleges
These schools started recruiting me and I have started being interested in them. But I'm not religous and so I think life at these colleges will be hard. So can someone help me on this
edited December 2012
3 replies
Post edited by xtrada123 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Linfield college or saint mary college of cali.

• informativeinformative 1890 replies10 threads Senior Member
    These universities are not worth attending. Please don't consider them. There are more reputable christian universities worth looking into.
    · Reply · Share
  • Isleofman54Isleofman54 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I disagree with informative regarding Linfield. I lived in McMinnville for a number of years, and have lived all my life within 35 miles or so of McMinnville. I don't know what criteria Informative is using to describe Linfield as "not worth attending", but Linfield has a fine reputation for the quality and rigor of its programs. Informative seems to be assuming that you are seeking a Christian college because you named two that have recruited you. However, you have mentioned that you are NOT religious, and are concerned with undergraduate life at the two colleges being "hard". I will make the assumption that you are worried about being surrounded by outwardly religious peers and professors. No doubt you've checked out Linfield's web site, so you probably have an idea of what the college is like.
    I can assure you that Linfield is NOT a Christian college in practice. I believe it was founded as a Baptist school, but many colleges (e.g. Harvard ) were founded by various churches. I'm a Christian guy, and I know many folks who have attended Linfield College.
    Trust me, if you're worried about feeling uncomfortable because of holding non-religious world views, you won't have any problem at Linfield.
    · Reply · Share
  • mamakinmamakin 79 replies6 threads Junior Member
    I am a Linfield alum and agree that it is a fine school with little religious pressure. They are accepting of everyone's point of view and encourage independent thought.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity