right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, and Student Voices - vol. 3 eBooks NOW!

Catholic schools with good Bio/Chem programs?

electric12390electric12390 8 replies10 threads New Member
edited December 2012 in Christian Colleges
Hi,
I'm a high school junior and I really want to go to a catholic school. Like bad. I went to catholic school all my life and when I got to public high school, it missed it beyond anything. So, I really found my niche in Biology or Chemistry. I hope to please both stipulations. Also, I don't really want to go to a school with a HUGE population. Thanks for all the help!
edited December 2012
2 replies
Post edited by electric12390 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Catholic schools with good Bio/Chem programs?

• sheepstersheepster 96 replies1 threads Junior Member
    University of Portland offers both BS and BA in biology, Env. Sci. with a bio concentration, and a minor in neuroscience. Their chemistry BS is ACS certified.
    Total student population is about 4,000.
    · Reply · Share
  • kypdurronkypdurron 2190 replies57 threads Senior Member
    Ave Maria Universtiy:
    Its been rated as one of the top Catholic Universities by the Cardinal Newman Society.
    Biochemistry at AMU
    It has an extremely beautiful campus located in South Florida. It is relatively new but is completely accredited. It has around 700 Undergraduates.

University of Dallas is one the top Catholic Colleges in the country. It has the most National Merit Scholars for any Catholic College. It also has a grand Rome Program that most students take. It is a bit expensive but provides great aid.:
    University of Dallas - Biology
    University of Dallas - Chemistry
    It is home to around 1000 undergrad students.

Both schools following the Magesterium fully and are considered a bit conservative. However, many Ave Maria University and University of Dallas fit the fiscal liberal social conservative bent.

Both do not teach Earth in 7 days, YE Creation (i.e. 6500 years old). They are considered good science departments.

hope this helps,
    Kyp Durron

If you enjoyed this post please Rep Me!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity