right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Christian Schools with Pre Med Programs

LeathefuturedocLeathefuturedoc 27 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hi. I'm currently an upcoming senior and trying to decide on a college. I want to go to a Christian college, not just a college that has a Christian history or background. I also will be going pre med. Currently I am looking at Harding University, Mississippi College, Samford University, and Abilene Christian University. Of these, which one do you think will offer the best program? Am I missing anywhere good? Only looking for colleges in the southern region.
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Christian Schools with Pre Med Programs

• VACODadVACODad 34 replies2 threads Junior Member
    You need to consider Baylor for Pre Med.
    · Reply · Share
    Another option that you should look at that is more in line with the list of ones you are currently considering from a size standpoint is Lipscomb University.
    · Reply · Share
  • barronsbarrons 23096 replies1958 threads Senior Member
    Liberty U. Virginia
    · Reply · Share
  • LeathefuturedocLeathefuturedoc 27 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Thank you so much. Is anyone familiar with samford's premedicine program? when I visited, it seemed very impressive.
    · Reply · Share
    Hopefully you'll get a response from someone that knows something about your actual question. My advice here is more general in nature, but I would suggest asking the schools you are considering...

1. What percentage of their pre-med students get into medical school.
    2. What percentage get into their first choice medical school.
    3. Where they go to medical school.

See if their answers align with your personal goals.
    · Reply · Share
  • jumpingstarjumpingstar 184 replies44 threads Junior Member
    I heard that Pepperdine's pre-med has a really high acceptance rate because not many people apply pre-med, but then I wouldn't know the quality of pre-med. Pepperdine is a great school overall but I'm just not sure about pre-med...
    · Reply · Share
  • jumpingstarjumpingstar 184 replies44 threads Junior Member
    Oh, yes. Baylor pre-med is awesome! My dad's (who's a surgeon) head chief is from Baylor and his daughter is there for pre-med also!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity