Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What Christian Colleges are best for Study Abroad? Preferably study abroad in the UK.

BethBoBethBo Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello, I have been doing a lot of research but thought I would ask those with maybe more knowledge in this area. What are some great Christian universities that offer good study abroad programs?? I'm particularly looking for UK study abroad where you can study whatever your major is there. Thanks!

Replies to: What Christian Colleges are best for Study Abroad? Preferably study abroad in the UK.

• VACODadVACODad Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Pepperdine has a very good study abroad program with their own dedicated facilities in London (as well as several other international cities). They offer both semester and year long programs.

http://seaver.pepperdine.edu/internationalprograms/

If you are looking more for summer based programs, Wheaton has a very popular Wheaton in England (and other international cities) program.

http://wheaton.edu/Academics/GEL
  • jumpingstarjumpingstar Registered User Posts: 228 Junior Member
    Yes, agree with VACODad. Pepperdine all the way! I believe they're ranked #2 in study abroad programs. Pepperdine is a great school and one of my dream schools! :)
  • shawnspencershawnspencer Registered User Posts: 2,833 Senior Member
    I've heard The University of Saint Francis has a great study abroad program for the UK. My friend went there as an English major with a focus on Shakespearean literature and absolutely loved it
  • PicapolePicapole Registered User Posts: 408 Member
    University of Portland. Even engineers can do a semester abroad and graduate on time if they plan for it with advising. Their oldest and best known program is in Salzburg. Gonzaga has a program in Florence, Italy.

One other thing to note: There are different definitions of study abroad. If you don't know the language, you would need to go in a program where you have your own dedicated program. But if you are going to England or a country where you know the language, you might want to go to a foreign university and mix with the local students. Both have advantages--you just need to figure out what you want.
This discussion has been closed.