right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Catholic Life at Pepperdine

CCPkrazyCCPkrazy 16 replies7 threads New Member
Hello CC... I am curious about catholic life at Pepperdine University. First, here's some background info about me: I am a junior from NJ, I fell in love with this school 4 years ago on a trip to CA, and I believe I could be a strong applicant (4th in my class and great extracurriculars, especially through religious activities). I'm a very faithful catholic so I'm a little worried that the CA atmosphere and the other Chrisitan denominations will feel differently about a catholic from the Northeast. Perhaps you have other suggestions for schools. My criteria is very religious with a strong catholic student body, conservative, and hopefully preppy. Coming from a liberal, anti-God family and school, the criteria is really non-negotiable. So could anyone give me some insight into the views of catholics at Pepperdine and the catholic dating scene? Also, this reminds me...is Pepperdine a suitcase school where students pack up and go home for the weekends? As a student from NJ, this isn't too realistic, so would I fit in there? Thanks everybody!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Catholic Life at Pepperdine

• CowboyBruinCowboyBruin 7 replies2 threads New Member
    I attended Pepperdine as a Graduate Student. At least at that level, I found the environmental not terribly welcoming to Catholic students. If your criteria is very religious with a strong catholic student body, conservative and preppy and in Southern California - I suggest looking at Tomas Aquinas College. It may fit you better.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity