right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

What is the most Lenient Christian University?

michael747michael747 0 replies2 threads New Member
Can someone tell me which University is the least strict and Conservative? I want to have a great college experience without being tide down to so many rules and policies. I got Accepted to Biola, Apu, Pepperdine, and Westmont. They are all good schools Academically and i like the fact that they are faith based too but i don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of bible thumbers that always judgmental about what I do. I have a very personal relationship with God but i still want to go out, party and have fun. If someone can help me out that would be great.
18 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What is the most Lenient Christian University?

• whenhenwhenhen 5530 replies111 threads Senior Member
    Pepperdine is by far the least strict of the SoCal Christian universities.
    · Reply · Share
  • katkatmousekatkatmouse 78 replies6 threads Junior Member
    always judgmental about what I do.
    You'll find this anywhere. Try carrying a Coach purse at Oberlin or eating a McDonald's burger in front of your friends at Brown. You'll hear the judgment!
    · Reply · Share
  • MrMom62MrMom62 3473 replies15 threads Senior Member
    Try carrying a Coach purse at Oberlin...

They're Fendi snobs?
    · Reply · Share
  • UltimabladeUltimablade 471 replies114 threads Member
    It sounds like your looking for these; http://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-100-college-party-schools-235300018.html;_ylt=A0LEVv47dvNUKl4A2U0nnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzbnFzY2JwBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwM18x

Why go to a school who's rules and culture disagree with your desired lifestyle? If you want to take your faith seriously, go to a christian college. If you want to party, go to a party school. It will make your college experience and the people in your school's college experience better.
    · Reply · Share
  • informativeinformative 1890 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Jesuit schools tend to be more liberal than other Christian schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • LucieTheLakieLucieTheLakie 3899 replies164 threads Senior Member
    If you want to take your faith seriously, go to a christian college. If you want to party, go to a party school.

False dichotomy. Plenty of Christians party, and plenty of heathens don't.

@juillet (as always) offers excellent guidance.
    · Reply · Share
    @informative, Really? I'm am surprised at that. I always thought the Jesuits were more "hardcore" considering that they were the "militant" sect of Catholicism (just what I heard on forums)
    · Reply · Share
    Jesuits are more like the science sect of Christianity than the militant sect. Their order is focused on finding truth through science, I believe.
    · Reply · Share
    Jesuits are "militant"? In what world?

http://www.ajcunet.edu/

Jesuits tend to be more progressive than a lot of other RC orders. But RCs, in general, are not opposed to drinking the way a lot of evangelical or Pentecostal Christians are.

An evangelical Christian would likely find more students like himself (teetotaler or not) at a big state flagship that has Campus Crusade or InterVarsity than at an RC school.
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 2015
    @Informative & @lucietheLakie I'm not sure how true this is (for all I know It's just a hoax) and I'm not trying to argue but you guys seem to know quite a bit about Jesuits (at least more than I know), and I am curious about this, so this is what I read about Jesuits Oath and it seems somewhat "hardcore" http://www.reformation.org/jesuit-oath.html so is there any truth in this? In my research I found people saying yes and no regarding the truth of it.

Sorry about hijacking your thread OP lol
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
    @Ultimablade, I have NO idea who runs that website, but it seems rather out there.

I'd refer to more mainstream sources for information like the link I included up-thread or this:

http://www.jesuits.org/

· Reply · Share
    Or you can just wiki Jesuits. Pretty clear about their focus on science and social justice.
    · Reply · Share
  • MrSamford2014MrSamford2014 407 replies4 threads Member
    @LucieTheLakie When the Jesuits were founded in the 1500s, they served as the ideological "shock troops" of the papacy during the Counter-Reformation and wars of religion. Read up on the St. Bartholomew's Massacre in Paris in the 1572, during which Jesuit-led mobs hacked to death thousands of Protestant Huguenots (including the famous education reformer Peter Ramus). Tracing the evolution of the Jesuits from their quasi-Machiavellian origins to their 1970s turn towards Marxist liberation theology is an interesting project indeed!
    · Reply · Share
  • BrownParentBrownParent 12596 replies179 threads Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Jesuit schools are pretty normal, they are not conservative, imo. \
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • onceuponamomonceuponamom 449 replies12 threads Member
    Not sure what you mean when you say you want "party".
    · Reply · Share
  • crazymamaBcrazymamaB 268 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Believe me, there is plenty of partying going on at my daughter's Jesuit University.
    · Reply · Share
  • MassmommMassmomm 4274 replies85 threads Senior Member
    There is partying at every school. It's just a bigger part of the culture at some schools. Students who party at evangelical schools are more apt to lie about it. If you know you want to party, go to a school where you aren't forced to lie in order to fulfill the requirements of a conduct code with which you don't agree.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity