right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Hillsdale College vs. Patrick Henry College

KdkhanKdkhan 92 replies69 threads Junior Member
Which college is better? What are the differences between the two collees? Obviously both of these are elite conservative colleges. Hillsdale has had a good reputation for a long time, and Patrick Henry has sent a lot of students to Harvard and Yale law? I want to work for a top law firm in Manhattan, and eventually become a prominent member of the GOP. Would top law firms discriminate against me because I went to Patrick Henry for undergrad? (Patrick Henry is a very conservative, Christian school, and most top law firms tend to be very liberal.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Hillsdale College vs. Patrick Henry College

• CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN 3787 replies14 threads Senior Member
    I think you should choose the school that you feel is best for you. I wouldn't assume that Manhattan law firms would be less inclined to hire you if you choose one of those schools versus the other. Both are conservative, and both make it clear that they have no tolerance for "homosexual acts." I'm not sure if there are top Manhattan law firms lacking in gay attorneys, so perhaps your concern about their willingness to hire you is real.
    · Reply · Share
  • KdkhanKdkhan 92 replies69 threads Junior Member
    While I don't support gay marriage, I really don't care if someone is gay. I have no problem with working with gays, as long as they don't shove homosexuality, and gay rights down my throat. With those beliefs, do you thinks Manhattan law firms would not hire me?
    · Reply · Share
  • CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN 3787 replies14 threads Senior Member
    Only you can imagine how your throat would feel working as an attorney in New York State, where it is unlawful to discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived sexual orientation.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/civil-rights/lgbt-rights
    · Reply · Share
  • KdkhanKdkhan 92 replies69 threads Junior Member
    Do you think it would be better for me to work at a top law firm in Atlanta?
    · Reply · Share
  • fallenchemistfallenchemist Honorary Super Mod 24269 replies860 threads Inactive User
    @Kidkhan - Don't you think that is kind of a silly question at this stage of your life? You are not even in college yet. You have tons of time to figure out if your questions are even valid (IMO some if them are not, they are generalizations that are not particularly applicable IRL), not to mention that in 7 years things could be radically different as far as general attitudes go, not to mention your own. Look how much they have changed in the last 7 years. Just focus on getting into college and doing well for now. Then you can focus on getting into a good law school and doing well there, and only after that would you have to worry about who is going to hire you and where.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity