Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Where Is The Best Christian College Near A Beach?

2»

Replies to: Where Is The Best Christian College Near A Beach?

• californiagirl19californiagirl19 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    @acause Are you sure freshman at Point Loma aren't allowed to have cars? Because my friend is a freshman there and I know he brought his car with him to school..Perhaps they just don't have parking for freshman??
  • acauseacause Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    @californiagirl19 yeah they're not allowed to have cars. He might be secretly parking it around the neighborhood without getting caught, idk how much they enforce the no-neighborhood-parking rule!
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 31,912 Senior Member
    Point Loma, Pepperdine
    Pepperdine is very difficult to get into (you'd need GPA/scores on par with UCSB or UCD to get in).
  • oak2mapleoak2maple Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    Gordon College, although on the north shore of MA, is five minutes from the beach.
  • atomomatomom Registered User Posts: 4,363 Senior Member
    Chaminade U. in Honolulu (a Catholic school).
  • DefensorDefensor Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member
    Regent University - Virginia Beach, Virginia.
  • OspreyCV22OspreyCV22 Registered User Posts: 1,639 Senior Member
    ^^^Also Virginia Wesleyan in Norfolk, VA near VA Beach. I don't know a thing about it other than it's Methodist and spams a lot.
  • isabeeisabee Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    I visited Pepperdine, Westmont, and Point Loma and for a college right on the beach-- Point Loma wins hands down. I really liked Westmont's campus, really beautiful buildings and views of Santa Barbara but it's not directly on the beach-- more of a residential area. But only a short drive away. Pepperdine is a whole different feel entirely. I'm not the biggest fan of Malibu, so I didn't vibe well with Pepperdine. It all depends what kind of feel, size, and characteristics you're looking for.
  • informativeinformative Registered User Posts: 1,900 Senior Member
    I assume you mean in the south? Boston College is probably the best near a beach, as Georgetown and ND are not near beaches. There are plenty of schools in FL or Cali that are not "best" but that offer you proximity to the beach.
  • mountainskiesmountainskies Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Are you interested in Jesuit schools? Loyola Marymount and University of San Diego are both close to the beach.
  • Sportsman88Sportsman88 Registered User Posts: 1,579 Senior Member
    I can't tell you about reputation of college but Pensacola Christian College is near many good beaches. Probably cheaper than ones listed in CA.
  • Sportsman88Sportsman88 Registered User Posts: 1,579 Senior Member
    Azusa Pacific gets you in SoCal And offers merit aid. I think it's around $45,000 full pay which is better than most privates.
  • mountainskiesmountainskies Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I have friends who attended Azusa. They loved their time there, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the school, but it is worth noting that it's about an hour away from the beach.

By comparison, the other California schools mentioned in this thread are about 5-10 minutes away from the beach.
  • aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 8,375 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    @Sportsman88, Azuza Pacific is off the 210 freeway and I know I can't get from AP to any LA beach, within an hour, on the busy freeways.

Pepperdine in Malibu, Point Loma Nazarene in San Diego, off the Point (the surfers line their boards along their bedroom walls), UCSB is on the beach but is a public college.
  • anelmianelmi Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Azusa is nowhere near the beach.
2»
This discussion has been closed.