right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Wheaton Il or Grove City College

jamwasjamwas 2 replies1 threads New Member
19 year old daughter left full ride at Temple due to bad fit. She is admitted to Wheaton w presidential scholarship AND at Grove City College. Her intended major is pre-med. Any input as to the plus's and minus's of each would be very helpful. All the threads we see are older...from 2008 - 2012....more recent input would be very insightful.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Wheaton Il or Grove City College

• hopedaisyhopedaisy 132 replies3 threads Junior Member
    For Christian colleges Wheaton is considered one of the very top schools. I know two students (past 5 years) who both went on to the medical field. One as a PA and the other in med school. Wheaton prepared them well. Grove City has a good reputation but not near the stats as Wheaton.
    · Reply · Share
  • MACmiracleMACmiracle 1556 replies30 threads Senior Member
    edited April 2019
    My D loved the idea of Grove City but it was clear to her that it wasn't a fit when she visited.

After her experience at Temple, I would highly recommend visiting both and doing an overnight.
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • jamwasjamwas 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Kind thanks for the replies! Daughter visited GCC twice & Wheaton once. Her elective is German & now that has become deciding factor since GCC does not offer German. Ine of our sons graduated GCC so there is familiarity w that school - he went on to bc a lawyer. We are going w Wheaton :-)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity