right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Northwestern College (Orange City, IA)

carnation15carnation15 2 replies1 threads New Member
edited August 2010 in Christian Colleges
I have been wondering about Northwestern for a while. Can anyone tell me more about this school? I am considering applying there and becoming a Nursing major. Is there anything I need to know about this school before I apply?
edited August 2010
3 replies
Post edited by carnation15 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Northwestern College (Orange City, IA)

• elleleegreenelleleegreen 35 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Hi!
    My daughter attends Dordt, which is in the town next to Orange City. We also looked at Northwestern. Northwestern has an excellent reputation and we really liked the school when we visited it. Friendly students and teachers, pretty campus, strong academics. It's Dutch Reformed, like Dordt. It's in a VERY rural area, so I think that's important to know, if you're not familiar with that part of Iowa. But the students seem to make their own fun and tend to stick around on weekends. The town is very safe, clean, conservative. Sorry, I'm not at all familiar with their nursing program, but have heard alot of kids go there for pre med and good medical school placement. Best wishes to you! If you haven't already decided, you may want to visit Dordt while you're there, it's just a 10 minute drive and my daughters has several friends at Dordt who are nursing majors and very happy with the program at Dordt, just an fyi if you're interested.
    · Reply · Share
  • carnation15carnation15 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Thanks! I will certainly look into it!
    · Reply · Share
  • ShadangoShadango 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Northwestern College has a very good nursing program. It's accredited and they have good success with their graduates passing boards and getting good jobs. I hear it's become a popular program.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity