right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Baylor, TCU or SMU?

samiiileesamiiilee 154 replies11 threads Junior Member
edited December 2010 in Christian Colleges
Have visited all of them and enjoyed each...I'm wondering opinions on the best overall? Exclude tuition, because money isn't the focus of my college search. Planning on majoring in Finance/Business/possibly Marketing? (That general area lol) If you go to one of these and the others were in your options I would love to hear your reasoning behind your choice! (I have not yet applied but I believe I will be able to get into them all, 33 ACT and 4.0 with as rigorous coursework as my small rural school allows lol :) Also, an honors program or option is a consideration.

Thanks in advance!
edited December 2010
9 replies
Post edited by samiiilee on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Baylor, TCU or SMU?

• Avian MaidAvian Maid 54 replies8 threads Junior Member
    If you into LACS, I would add Wheaton College near Chicago to your list. Excellent reputation and solid Christian community.
    · Reply · Share
  • samiiileesamiiilee 154 replies11 threads Junior Member
    I'd like to stay fairly close to my home state (Oklahoma) for personal reasons, but thank you! However, good reputation and Christian community is definitely what I'm looking for.
    · Reply · Share
  • Kyle555Kyle555 100 replies0 threads Junior Member
    SMU is a wonderful school and COX is a top-notch business program. Since you are wanting to do business, SMU would be your best pick in my opinion.
    · Reply · Share
  • LunaCowLunaCow 101 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I would go for SMU also! It is very well regarded in my area. Verrry close to Dallas. You can't go wrong.

I have A bad experience with Baylor not being generous with aid. But it's a nice school anyways - wacko Waco gets a bad rep around here though.
    · Reply · Share
  • Rice1961Rice1961 458 replies82 threads Member
    So Samiiilee what are you thinking? My son is having the same delimna....
    · Reply · Share
  • samiiileesamiiilee 154 replies11 threads Junior Member
    I'm leaning towards SMU. I really loved the feel of the campus, and it's located very nicely for all that I want. Applied to all, accepted to Baylor so far with a 60k scholarship offer. So...it's yet to be seen lol
    · Reply · Share
    My son isn't applying to Baylor but likes SMU and TCU. He thought TCU has a down to earth community feeling and lots of school spirit.
    · Reply · Share
  • Whistle PigWhistle Pig - 3973 replies120 threads Senior Member
    Did you look @ Tulsa? A super secret in higher ed. Smallest NCAA Div I school, Presbyterian founding, great facilities/campus, and the price and FA tend to be right. And an OK school!
    · Reply · Share
    No, he didn't look at Tulsa. Mostly California schools because we are from L.A. Plus SMU, TCU and U Miami (family there). He also is applying to Colorado at Boulder just in case he decides he wants that big, traditional college experience come April when he has to decide.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity