right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

How Do You Find A Church At College?

pierre0913pierre0913 7301 replies351 threads Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Christian Colleges
For my freshman year, I "church hopped" every sunday and just went to whatever church different friends were going to. However, this year I really want to settle somewhere and get involved in one church instead of being everywhere.

So my question is, how do I know what church that is? I have several churches that I've loved and can't choose between.
edited September 2010
6 replies
Post edited by pierre0913 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How Do You Find A Church At College?

• SingDanceRunLifeSingDanceRunLife 1655 replies132 threads Senior Member
    Wherever you feel the most comfortable.

You said that you have found several churches that you love...so, what do you love about each place? They are certainly all different in some ways, but have similar qualities.

Things you can think about are:

- Are there other college students there?
    - Do they have a group for college students?
    - What kinds of things does the church do? (Volunteer, food pantry, etc.)
    - How close is it to your school?
    - How well do you get along with the priest/pastor/reverend?
    - Do you feel like your voice will be heard?

I got it easy. I love Mass in the chapel at my school and I have gotten very involved with Campus Ministry...but definitely think about the questions that I posed, and that should help!
    · Reply · Share
  • 3togo3togo 5218 replies15 threads Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I'd bet the campus minister/priest/whatever could provide some background on the strengths and weaknesses of the off campus choices you have
    edited August 2010
    · Reply · Share
  • linboailinboai 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Are you at Clemson? If so you must check out Newspring Community Church in Anderson. We were members there for many years before we had to move to Minnesota.
    · Reply · Share
  • pierre0913pierre0913 7301 replies351 threads Senior Member
    I went to Newspring a few times but it's just too far away for me. I don't have a car and I feel bad getting people to drive me there every Sunday. Plus, I probably won't be able to do anything at the church like volunteer at Fuse outside of Sunday because I'm car-less haha
    · Reply · Share
  • fencersmotherfencersmother 1904 replies71 threads Senior Member
    Do you belong to any denomination? One would think first off, find a church nearby in your denomination then find out if they have transportation available for college students.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity