Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Dance/Ballet major at Univ. Cincinnati

plevinsonplevinson Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Anyone out there have first-hand information about the dance major program at this school? How selective? what was the audition like, did you audition at the school or a regional audition (NYC)? Any current students involved in the program? are you happy? Thank you.
Post edited by plevinson on

Replies to: Dance/Ballet major at Univ. Cincinnati

• keepingcalmkeepingcalm Registered User Posts: 520 Member
    plevison
    I am not directly involved with the CCM ballet program but know a few kids from my D's school who are there. Her school also uses some of the men frm the CCM program as guest dancers for their performances. Here is a link to a ballet board that I use also. http://dancers.invisionzone.com/index.php It has some information on the CCM program as well as a great deal of other college dance programs.
    You can also send me a pm or email if you want to know the little bit about the dance program that I do know. In terms of program selectivity, it is increasing. Two years ago they accepted 32 students intending a class of 20, all students accepted so next year's sophmore class is very big. That affected the numbers they were bringing in this year.
This discussion has been closed.