Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me please

cleverlycreatedcleverlycreated Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited June 2007 in Claremont McKenna College
Applicant from British Columbia, Canada
SAT: CR 800 Math 730 WR 670
SAT2: World History/US History (pending score returns)

AP's:
Sophomore Year: Comp Gov Pol (5),World History(self study: 4) US Gov Pol(did not take exam)
Junior Year: Human Geo(exp. 5) Psych(exp. 5)
Senior Year: US History, Econ(Micro & Macro), Art History, Biology, English, Calc(AB)

Grades: between 3.7-4.0 UW: top 20%(highly competitive school)

EC's :
Debate: Placed 4th as team at largest provincial tournament, captain of Vars. debate team
Public Speaking: Finalist at prestigious provincial public speaking tournament, Senior mentor for public speaking program
MUN: Best Delegation Stanford MUN, numerous Honorable Mentions/Head of Delegation at others, Secretary General(organizer) of Vancouver Model United Nations (300+ participants, largest high school run MUN in Canada)
3 Varsity Sports: Swimming, Water Polo, Cricket
Senior Photographer for Award-winning yearbook
Robotics Team: Competed at National Competition at NASA Neutral Buoyancy Tank in Houston
98% on National Mythology Exam
UNIS invitational conference participant
Homeroom Adviser next year for a sophomore class
4th year public service award(highest community service award at school)
On Merit-based Scholarship at school
Conservative Club

Hooks: I grew up on a farm, I am a US resident yet I go to school in Canada, I am politically involved (shook the hand of the Prime Minister of Canada the night before he was elected)

Other:
Visited, Toured and Interviewed at Claremont
Brother is already attending the school
2 really good teacher letters lined up and a good counselor letter
Post edited by cleverlycreated on

Replies to: Chance me please

• Elizzan87Elizzan87 Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    I think you have a really good shot. Just remember to play up leadership. Use your brother- he's a bigger asset than you might think.
  • croutoncrouton Registered User Posts: 1,345 Senior Member
    i think you have a really good chance... you have everythin that claremont wants - high sats, good gpa, solid ecs, politically minded/leadership oriented ecs, and athletics

you are the epitome of what CMC wants. that said, if you can make yourself stand out a little further, just becuase of how much more selective its gotten (16% accept rate and all) i think youll be fine. good luck to you
This discussion has been closed.