Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Parents of the HS Class of 2018

HeliMom74HeliMom74 Registered User Posts: 582 Member
edited January 2014 in Class of 20xx Community
Hopefully it's not too early to start this thread. In reading the forums here, I've discovered (in some cases) it's never too early to start college planning and questioning!

My 8th grade son is our resident Trekkie and techie. His dream school is MIT, and he is undaunted by the narrow chances of admittance. I admire his spirit. He took the ACT for the first time in December 2013, and earned a 31 composite.

These forums have been such a boon as I prepare to send my oldest child to college (class of 2015). Best wishes to all the kiddos as they make their way to college!
Post edited by HeliMom74 on

Replies to: Parents of the HS Class of 2018

• mstompermstomper Registered User Posts: 1,002 Senior Member
    He's done, but we have FAFSA and CSS to do. CSS is only needed for reaches, so there's a good chance we're doing it for nothing. It's due 11/15 for Fordham, thougn.
  • jjkmomjjkmom Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    Congrats on acceptance @verbal572 & @Astro77 !
    @sushiritto maybe try ASU or CSUs, very easy apps no essay, no LOR, 1 hour max to finish!