Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Parents of the HS Class of 2022

CCadmin_SorinCCadmin_Sorin Community Manager Posts: 2,274 Community Manager
This thread is destined for parents of potential 2022 high school grads.

Replies to: Parents of the HS Class of 2022

• basil1basil1 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Hello, parents of the class of 2022! I'm excited/freaked that my daughter is headed to high school next year. She's really into art, animation and does well in school--we've moved a lot--but are hoping we'll be in one place until she graduates. We're in California and have two public school options, but I'm hoping she'll go to all-girls Catholic high school that's got small classes and an excellent art program.
  • Rivet2000Rivet2000 Registered User Posts: 700 Member
    edited January 2018
    OK, I'm in. Tonight, we're going with D22 to high school open house and club fair. Hopefully we can get some face time with a counselor (it's a big public school 3,500 students).
  • Peruna1998Peruna1998 Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Hello, all. I have a DS22 and a DD24. We are in Tennessee, and they both go to a small private K-12 school that is full IB. My wife and I have been focusing on the college process since our parents kind of dropped the ball for us. DS22 is very much into robotics. His team won the Lego FLL regional last year (DD24 was on the team, too), and competed in Houston. He isn't interested in sports, plays the clarinet, and is in the school band. His heart and soul is owned by the Mouse. If you asked him, he wants to be an Imagineer. We'll see how that goes. DD24 plays soccer, does robotics, and is in Girl Scouts.
  • vistajayvistajay Registered User Posts: 1,326 Senior Member
    Just noticed this thread! My S22 is my third child. My D15 is a junior at USCal and my S18 is going through the college selection process now. The older 2 are arts kids (drama and vocal performance), but S22 is a bit more practical. He is interested in computer science and game design. His favorite activity at the moment is working on a game he invented and learning different coding languages. He is also a travel soccer player and a member of his school's theater group. His private school starts in 8th grade, so he is in his first year and seems to have adapted well. He is taking Latin I, Christianity, Algebra 1, English, World Geography, Computer Science and Physical Science. Next year will bring Latin II, Sacred Scriptures, Geometry, Bio I, Western Civ and Spanish. It's going to be an interesting four years!
  • Wookie3Wookie3 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello excited to join this group! I have twin girls in class of 2022 and a son who is a freshman business major
    at OSU. Girls in the process of choosing classes and electives for high school and have similar interests ...travel soccer, choir, may or may not give up orchestra. Attending large hs in northern NJ. Love English the most, mostly all honors, worried about overloading schedule...it is going to be a fun ride.
  • jjkmomjjkmom Registered User Posts: 330 Member
    Hello everyone, I have DD’18, DD’20 and DS’22! I’m excited for DS to start HS, he is very interested in robotics like @Peruna1998’s DS and can’t wait to join his HS robotics team, he is also a boy scout and a basketball player (not sure if he will make to high school team since we will miss summer tryout away for Boy Scout activities. And his HS has competitive basketball program) It’s so hard to juggle everything as he has very diverse interests and wants to do everything! But hopefully we will have more time for him with adjusting to HS when DD’18 off to college after Fall.
  • GoBlueMom3GoBlueMom3 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Well...here we go! I have a S15, S18, and S22. The thought of starting this entire process again, particularly since we are still in the throws of it with S18 is simply exhausting :) S22 meets with his high school counselor next week to choose his classes, but we are also exploring the option of him attending a selective IB high school. He enjoys travel soccer, forensics, theater and robotics. We have a lot of decisions to make over the next several months and I'm thrilled to be part of a supportive group of parents. We are in for quite a ride over the next four years. I can't wait to share, learn and explore with all of you!
  • basil1basil1 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Glad to see this group has so many parents with experience! We decided on the all-girls Catholic high school. It just seemed to have a good balance of nurture/challenge. I also have twin boys, class of 2024--doesn't seem possible!
  • burghdadburghdad Registered User Posts: 552 Member
    @toomanykiddos wow that is awesome. As one of six boys I can appreciate what it is to have such a large family.
  • Ready5etGoReady5etGo Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everyone! D22 is starting high school in a few months. She's toured several options, she's selected a public school, and she's met with her advisor to select her 9th grade courses. I look forward to reading about your journey.
    It's surreal... and I'm trying not to blink. :)
  • sfSTEMsfSTEM Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    Hey, get to join one of these high school class threads finally! My S22 is finishing 8th grade at a private K-8 in San Francisco. He'll be starting at an all-boys Catholic high school in August. He's a STEM-oriented fella, and will be in their Engineering Program.
  • ARIVERA1ARIVERA1 Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    I also have a senior this year and a son in the high school class of 2022. It has been a stressful year and we are gearing up for my son to tryout for the high school basketball team in the fall.