right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Full Ride - Full Tuition - Full Tuition & Fees Merit Scholarships

SarripSarrip 718 replies26 threads Member
Even though DD20 is my 3rd and last child I am still learning new things every day throughout this process. In looking through some of her acceptances/merit/scholarships, reviewing possible RD acceptances/possible scholarships TBD and thinking back about some of the acceptances that D09 received years ago, I am discovering that some schools and people are using these terms interchangeably. In my head I considered a full ride as tuition & room/board and maybe some extras such as books etc, yet I see tuition only scholarships being referred to as full rides. I've also seen "Full tuition & Fees" or just "Full tuition". D09, received what I thought was a full ride from one school, he chose to attend elsewhere but looking back at the paperwork now it appears that it was full tuition only (not that it's not a great scholarship also). Perhaps, had he chosen this particular school I would have noticed as I am know for noticing the little things and reading the small print.
This may be common knowledge/common sense to some but not everyone one on CC is an expert and can easily over look something in all of the excitement. Please read your Merit/financial aid offers thoroughly and get clarification if needed so there are no surprises later on. I wish the best to anyone who has/will receive either/or because it is an amazing gift.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Full Ride - Full Tuition - Full Tuition & Fees Merit Scholarships

• SybyllaSybylla 5117 replies61 threads Senior Member
    Really, full ride merit scholarships are getting thinner and thinner on the ground. That is going to make this mistake less and less likely.
    · Reply · Share