right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Learn from Amy Nelson from International Scholarship and Tuition Services and Denise Trusty from Morehead State how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes. Join us tomorrow at 5pm ET. Register and ask your question NOW.

OOS Merit Aid

hockey731hockey731 50 replies9 threads Junior Member
I'm an OOS applicant and just received my acceptance letter in the mail. While I'm happy, I did notice that I didn't receive any merit aid. For reference I was awarded an NROTC Scholarship (4 year), so it's really not a problem but I'm a little confused as to why I wasn't awarded any aid. I have a 33 ACT, 800 Math 2, 800 Spanish, 3.96 UW at competitive boarding school. I applied on Jan. 2, so I missed the priority deadline, but I though merit aid was still handed out to applicants after the deadline. Do they say it's by a case-by-case basis but it's really where all aid goes out to priority applicants so there's none left for people who apply after priority?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: OOS Merit Aid

• jse1820jse1820 52 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited February 4
    @hockey731 My guess is it's because you didn't meet the December 1 deadline for scholarships. Congratulations to you on your acceptance and good luck in NROTC!
    edited February 4
    · Reply · Share
  • 25Raider25Raider 37 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My son applied mid December - and he was notified he would be receiving merit scholarship in his acceptance letter - so the Dec 1 is not a real deadline for merit aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • drewh02drewh02 87 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @25Raider I believe the deadline he's referring to is the December 31st one for academic recruiting (merit) and diversity scholarships.
    · Reply · Share