Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

R-Day Countdown!

Replies to: R-Day Countdown!

• Bossf51Bossf51 Registered User Posts: 2,608 Senior Member
    OK HP let's call a truce...ha ha. As stated by others here I am a strong supporter of female cadets...I know many by first name from my son's class...and yes most of them have hung in there. I was looking at stats from the parent's list; the retention list overall is about 78%, with men and women coming in about even percentage-wise. The women work just as hard and many are near the top of the class rankings.

As jamzmom says, this was meant in a humorous vein. I know what everybody is going through...we need to stick together!
  • sweetness62sweetness62 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    75 days!!!
  • Cutter44Cutter44 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    60 days!!!
  • zfamzfam Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    56 days... and exactly 8 weeks from today you'll be on the grounds..

so very, very proud of all the young men and women on their way to CGA!
    Six weeks from today... 41 days and a wake-up!!
  • haroldg48haroldg48 Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    that's all
    37 days!!!
  • AtlantaDadAtlantaDad Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Incoming swabs are required to have a yellow fever vacination. If you are receiving other live virus vacinations the yellow fever must be taken at the same time. Otherwise you have to wait. I don't recall this on the list/immu form, but the nurse said she thought it may be in the handbook.
    Do they recommend getting it ahead of time if you can? We're Tricare Prime and I called Ft Detrick, it's not available there. Anyone know where we could go?

34 days till R-day...
  • gglock08gglock08 Registered User Posts: 296 Junior Member
    Yellow fever is new for this year I believe. We do have to get it, but the academy said most cadets will wait to get it from them. However, you can get it before you go if you wish.
  • AtlantaDadAtlantaDad Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Here is our situation. Son gets his second Chickpox shot late May. That is a live virus vacine. If he does not get yellowfever at the same time he will have to wait awhile, and the nurse at CGA said that would not make them happy. She said either get both or none. I think we are going to get both and get as much out of the way as possible before R-Day. We are using a travel clinic in the area for the shots.
  • rjcugarjcuga Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I asked about the yellow fever, and they said that they will give it there, but you could get it on your own. Since its kindof pricey, i'm getting it there, only one I have to get left.

To find where you can get one go here:
    Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinics | CDC Travelers' Health

As well, the Doctor was interested to hear about my MMR lab results as I was not immune to Mumps or Rubella, even though I had two other shots for it. Apparently the shots aren't working on people, as there were other people that had the same problem, so If you have the same problem, contact the medical (Charlotte J Purdy) [email protected] Who is doing a study on it and would like the lab results if you were not immune
  • haroldg48haroldg48 Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    all forms are in...

32 Days!!
    30 Days!!!
  • zachogdenzachogden Registered User Posts: 334 Member
    shooooooo.... 4 weeks from monday mayn!
This discussion has been closed.