Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

essays for semi-finalists

puremnpuremn Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
edited December 2010 in Coca Cola Scholarship
"what sets you apart"

how creative can i get with this... or should i stick more to like "accomplishment" or talking about my community service?

so my question is -- what are YOU writing about (:
Post edited by puremn on

Replies to: essays for semi-finalists

• persianprincesspersianprincess Registered User Posts: 172 Junior Member
    community service is good. I'm not sure if the community service i did is up to par to be finalist worthy. I've never donated for charity or created a hospital in India. does the community service have to be something extraordinary or does service such as 'volunteer at local hospital" suffice?
  • texasmom14texasmom14 Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    Congratulations and good luck with the next step of the process.

My DD was a Coca Cola scholar last year. Her essay on what set her apart was about being committed - she had done the same volunteer work for 10 years (yup, since she was 8). Find a little thing like this that separates you from the other wonderful applicants.

Again, good luck.
  • msprincessmsprincess Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm a homeschooler, so I'm writing about that. I think- I'm afraid I haven't worked on this particular essay yet.
This discussion has been closed.