I remember that somebody wanted to see the stats of accepted people, and, even thoguh I think that stats, in more than jsut the sense of SATs, are fairly indicative of an acceptance/ non-acceptance, I don't think that it's impossible to be accepted with stats out of the norm. So, I will start with mine from last year, if they'd help at all:
I was wondering what you guys think my chances are at:
I applyed for Chemistry/Biology Pre-med.
SAT: 1420 (740v,680m)
SATii: 680chem,670 Math IC, 660 US History, 650writing, 640 Ecol Bio, 4 on AP US exam and Bio exam, thoguh the Bio exam wasn't graded until last summer, so Colby never got it
Weighted GPA:94.79... pretty rigorous courseload (not sure what defines rigorous)
Class rank: 21/~465 (only top 400 were ranked though)
· Long term interests: enroll in premed program, study medicine in graduate school, and volunteer for the nonprofit organization Doctors without Borders.
· Member, National Honor Society
· Member, National Junior Honor Society
· Vice- President of Junior Class
· High Honor Role- 94.5 or higher average (Jr. year and Sr. years)
· Scholar Athlete (all four years.)
· Awarded $6,000 dollar New York State Merit Scholarship- only three students with the top averages of particular final exams in my class of 468 were awarded them.
· Volunteer intern in Mentorship program at Rome Memorial Hospital (Senior year)
· Key Club (Sr. year)
· 30-Hour Famine Participant ( fundraiser for food for the poor) (Freshman and Junior years)
· Raised money for the Heart Run and Walk
· Raised money for and participated in the Relay for Life
· Card games with senior citizens at The Bethany House nursing home
· Raised funds for the Ronald McDonald House charity
· Raised money for Crop Walk
· Volunteered at school blood drive
· Salvation Army bell ringing (Soph., Jr., and Sr. years)
· Member, Woods Valley Ski Team (Fresh., Soph., and Jr. years)
· Member, Varsity Track Team(all four years)
· Member, Varsity Cross-Country - Co-captain Jr. and Sr. years- (all four years; sectionals Soph. And Jr. years)
· Member, Varsity Swim Team (Sophomore and Senior; sectionals both years)
· Involved in Student Association
· BSI Club (student communications)
· Selected to sing in area New York Area-All State and as an alternate for All-State
· Sang in an independent singing group: The Primes (Jr. year)
· RFA Select Choir- only four basses in the entire school are selected
· Cast member in high school musicals
· Involved in Christian youth groups, retreats, and conferences (all four years)
· Confirmation Team- help with Confirmation classes and retreats
· Youth Leadership Team
So I just copied that from a post about a year or so ago... not sure if it's al lthat updated, but that's the general jsut of my stats.
Best of Luck!