Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Colby Class of 2017 Regular Decision Discussion

califmainecalifmaine Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited May 2013 in Colby College
Shall we start discuss about RD?
Post edited by califmaine on

Replies to: Colby Class of 2017 Regular Decision Discussion

• IBinLuxIBinLux Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    Yes! What should we talk about?
  • barvoetsbarvoets Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    I applied! I haven't visited the campus-I'm worried that it might be tooo small-town for me but I loved the majors and the study abroad options!
    I visited the campus in late October and I really liked it. The architecture and the surrounding scenery is beautiful! However, I don't like how isolated the campus is to Waterville. Even though they are right next door to each other, I would prefer if the campus was more physically incorporated with Waterville. That said, many students work and tutor in Waterville so I guess they are not too far apart. As for the size, I think that it's pretty good. Small enough to have a close nit community where you are bound to see at least one friendly face where ever you go, but big enough so that you can always meet someone new.
  • JacobsWannaBeJacobsWannaBe Registered User Posts: 177 Junior Member
    IBinLux .. your last sentence was an epic Cliche!! haha.. anyway, I applied ED , however have been deferred to RD pool of applicants...
    I'm just quoting what the tour guide said... and yes it is.
  • Sue22Sue22 Registered User Posts: 5,830 Senior Member
    Hey, you can't blame JacobsWannaBe for being a fan of lice! ;)
  • ambnycambnyc Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I applied RD! I didn't know much about Colby before. It seems to attract very outdoorsy students
  • EW2012EW2012 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    My son applied ED1 (and was admitted). He is very interested in outdoor activities, especially snowboarding. In addition to Colby being a great school, he felt that the school tends to attract a lot of students similarly interested in the outdoors.
  • franjoifranjoi Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I also applied. Let's see what happens. I don't know when exactly do they mail decisions.. My friend from there told me she got hers in mid-March...
  • ealdi94ealdi94 Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
    Applied. Did not visit the school but from what I've heard/read it looks wonderful. Also heard they are pretty generous for financial aid?
  • ColbyCollegeCommColbyCollegeComm Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    If you applied RD to Colby you should hear from us before the end of March. We expect to post admissions decisions to student portals the weekend of March 23-24, provided everything goes as planned.
    TWO MORE MONTHS... I can't wait!
  • lpt1995lpt1995 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    I read it on the website (recently updated) that internationals must send Certificates of Finances, though the old version of the website said ISFAA and income statements only. I apply ED2, so do I need to send COF now? (not much time left!)
  • alisiddiqui94alisiddiqui94 Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    any internationals here
    I'm kind of an international. I'm French and American and I'm living outside of either of those countries. Where else are other internationals on this forum from?
This discussion has been closed.