Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

With no essay and free application how does Colby even accept students?

inanebabblerinanebabbler Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
Specifically talking about internationals as I am one who is also looking for aid...

I don't even have any hope even though I have high stats and good enough ECs and essays because of how weirdly easy it was to apply here.

Replies to: With no essay and free application how does Colby even accept students?

• a20171a20171 Registered User Posts: 1,177 Senior Member
    The same way every other college accepts students... by looking at the materials in the application and choosing the ones they think will fit best at the college (stats and EC wise). Pretty sure they also require the personal statement like most other college, so it's not really no essay. The acceptance rate is below 20%, so it's a very difficult to get in.
  • skateguy50skateguy50 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    I've wondered about some colleges perhaps making it easier to apply to increase the number of applications simply to accept pretty much who they would have anyways but make the % accepted lower to raise the place on college rankings that use that as a metric for grading colleges.
This discussion has been closed.