Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

International student seeking advice!

petya_112233petya_112233 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi all of you:] I am a new international member from Bulgaria who is currently in the midst of her application process. I have already taken Sat 1 My stats are CR 700 Math 740 Wrting 800 Essay 12 I have also taken Math 1 -730 and intend to take Sat Literature in June. Could you pleace tell me what my cahnces for being accepted to Colby throug Early decision 1 are?

My academic and extra curriculum activities are:
- Received the Cambridge Proficiency of English Certificate with Grade “A”/equivalent to the highest level C2 “Mastery” of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework / at the age of 17, 2007
- First Place in the Regional English Contest, organizes by Geo Milev English Language School, Bourgas, 2007
- Special Award in the National Philosophy Conference, 2007 and 2008
- First Place in the National Olympiad of English, 2006
- Honor Certificate from the International Australian Math Competition, 2006
- Taking exams in English Language/ English and American Literature at Geo Milev English Language School, Bourgas at the end of each school year in order to obtain a second High school certificate
- Currently a secretary of Interact Club “Bourgas-Pyrgos”, a Rotary Youth Program, and elected a president of the Club for the next Rotarian year /2008-2009/
- Member of the School Council
- Participated in CAMP GLOW in Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria /a program of the Peace Corps/ – a – seven day leadership camp for young women /was selected through a contest which included an essay and letters of recommendation/, 2007
- Attended the International Leadership Conference in Edirne, Turkey, 2007
- Attended a workshop on Traffic of People organized by Face to Face, 2007
- Attended and organized along with other members of the Interact Club the National PET Seminar of Interact and Rotaract Clubs held in Bourgas, 2007
- Carried out lectures on Prevention from Traffic of People in front of students from my school, 2007
- Initiated and carried out lectures under the title “How to minimize the risks that traffic puts children under” among 1st graders at different schools in the region, 2007

- Organized ecological projects which included cleaning the beach and planting trees in the local park, 2006-2007
- Initiated and written a Petition in defense of the Bulgarian nurses and the Palestinian doctor sentenced to death in Lybia; The Petition was available on the website of my school, 2006-2007
- Written an article about the increasing level of violence among Bulgarian teenagers, published in the 24 Hours national newspapers, 2006
-Chosen to represent my home country as a young ambassador in the Usa this summer through the Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship.

I would really appreciate any advice regarding my chances and whether it is worth applying to Colby Ed. I was also wondering whether I could presumably have any chances for an Ivy school;]
Thans in advance;];]
This discussion has been closed.