Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Question regarding spring transfer

sgcarysgcary Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
edited October 2009 in Colby College
So here's my brief story:

In high school, I was an B student, with the occasional A, and very involved. I applied to Colby, expressed deep desire to get in, was waitlisted, and expressed even more desire to get in.

I sent in a deposit to another school, and became basically set on going there. Then Colby called and offered me a spot (I was high on the waitlist, apparently) and I turned them down =( It was a combination of money issues and already being set on another school.

I'm now at a large university, and am not happy here. I regret not going to Colby, and I may apply for spring transfer.

Does anyone know if my previous acceptance to Colby will have any effect on my application for spring transfer? Or if there is anything I can do (besides keeping up superb grades in my courses) that would improve my application?
Post edited by sgcary on

Replies to: Question regarding spring transfer

• cadence76cadence76 Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    I would call the Admissions office directly--and right away! i have no idea how they would deal with a spring transfer--or even if they take spring transfers--but I certainly would talk to them, tell them your story, and see what they say. If they liked you enough to offer you a spot off the waitlist, then presumably they like you enough to listen now! Remember, also, to ask about the financial side of it--if that was an issue for you a few months ago, I assume it still is. Good luck!
  • sgcarysgcary Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice! I will contact them soon
This discussion has been closed.