Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Drug scene at Colgate?

zo1620zo1620 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited July 2015 in Colgate University
I know that alcohol is prevalent in the social scene but what about recreational drugs like weed etc?

Replies to: Drug scene at Colgate?

• PunumscottPunumscott Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    No more than any other college you'd go to, but less than if you went to a left leaning, arts and theatre oriented school.
  • curtislumbercurtislumber Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    IF your going to frat parties and hanging with that crowd it is not uncommon for you to stumble into a room where ten kids are all doing lines of coke off a flattened wall mirror. But if you avoid the frats, there is lots of pot, usually pretty accessible and cheap. lots of peer pressure as well. every ones so smart so you think hey if they do it then so can i. Very different than turning down a high school drop outs offer for ahit.
  • GlobalEngagementGlobalEngagement Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Lots of kids dabble in (certain weekends like Homecoming, SPW, or end of term) or regularly use weed at Colgate.

I've got a funny story. There was once a beer pong game and lines of coke being done in a darkened room of a townhouse. Campus Safety came to break it up and managed to miss the hastily hidden coke lines. Every student in that room of 17-25 hastily and even gratefully took the points for having drinking paraphernalia. To answer your question, you won't be seeing the crazy stuff like crack, meth, or heroin here. In order of prevalence, worst offenders are marijuana, adderall abuse, and cocaine.
This discussion has been closed.