Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will I be accepted at Colgate Regular Decision?

maddie9691maddie9691 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
Hi, I was hoping someone would be willing to help see if I could get admitted to Colgate University class of 2023?

Weighted GPA - 4.055
SAT - 1500 (800 in English, 700 in Math)
ACT - 34
EC's - Mock Trial (Captain), Tea Club, Reading Club, Community Service Club, ASL Club, Drama Club, National Honor Society, Track&Field, Dual Enrollment
Volunteer - Local Hospital, Town's Substance Advisory Board
I took 7 AP's (my school doesn't offer very many) and doubled up on languages and sciences.

I visited Colgate, will schedule an interview, and have emailed them about their courses.

Do I stand a chance???

Replies to: Will I be accepted at Colgate Regular Decision?

• moneypmoneyp Registered User Posts: 772 Member
    It is getting much tougher to enter Colgate every year. At RD, you have a good chance but I would not be able to say that it will be 100%, you may still get rejected. If you go for ED, then it would be a near cinch.
  • merc81merc81 Registered User Posts: 8,472 Senior Member
    I see you have several threads open, @maddie9691. By Princeton Review selectivity ratings, Colgate appears, marginally over Bates, as the most difficult school to get into from your current group:

Colgate: 97
    Bates: 96
    Union: 93
    Connecticut College: 92

As opinion, I think you would be likely to be accepted though.