Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Theater Program

Mackie45Mackie45 Registered User Posts: 713 Member
edited July 2006 in Colgate University
Does anyone know specifics about the theater program at colgate. Do freshman get stage time?
Post edited by Mackie45 on

Replies to: Theater Program

• danashudanashu Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    I am not a Colgate student however when I visited during the Fall of 2005 I met four freshmen students who were into theater. As a matter of fact later that day they were going to be involved in a 24 hour theater slam where kids write a play and then others students get the script and perform the play. The process is over 24 hours. They were raving about the theater program at Colgate.

I was very interested because I have had one of my plays performed at Temple University at their theater department when I was a freshman in high school. I reached out to a prof at Colgate's theater department and the prof e-mailed me back and invited me to get together when I do my overnight this Fall. So this is a factor in my applying to Colgate this Fall.
  • Colgate13Colgate13 Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    Freshman do get stage time. I know of a guy who had a lead role during a play his freshman year.
  • Mackie45Mackie45 Registered User Posts: 713 Member
    Thanks guys. You totally answered my questions.
This discussion has been closed.