Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

snow,oh no!

danalynnedanalynne Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
edited April 2007 in Colgate University
Hello to any Colgate student.I was looking forward to going to accepted student days this Tuesday and Wednesday. However I checked weather .com and it looks like you're set to get over a foot to foot and one half inches of snow. Is that what your local weather forecast is? Is this what April is like there? Should I reserve a dogsled?
Post edited by danalynne on

Replies to: snow,oh no!

• TerrarumOrbisTerrarumOrbis Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    The snow's not reall sticking too much...bring warm clothes, but don't panic!
  • MADadMADad Registered User Posts: 1,972 Senior Member
    My question, exactly. We are coming from 5 hours away from MA, where drenching rain is predicted, but we do not want to get closer to Hamilton and find out that the event is postponed, or cancelled!

LOCAL FOLKS, PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED ON CONDTIONS!
  • metfan2121metfan2121 Registered User Posts: 388 Member
    no that's not usually what winter is like in upstate/central ny. winter was delayed until january, whereas it usually starts the end of november, so now it's lasting quite a bit longer than usual. thank global warming.
  • lilav89lilav89 Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    yeah im kinda worried about the the weather as well, my parents are getting nervous about driving conditions since we're 4 and a half hours away. Is there any possibility that Colgate would cancel?
  • momstl4momstl4 Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    Drive carefully! The roads into Hamilton are a bit hilly and winding. Campus will be beautiful in the snow.
  • TerrarumOrbisTerrarumOrbis Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    Nevermind...this place is covered today....oodles of snow
  • danalynnedanalynne Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    Please keep the updates coming thru the day so we can make our driving decision. Thanks,

Dana's Dad
  • Papa ChickenPapa Chicken Registered User Posts: 2,841 Senior Member
    dana's dad-- S & I went last week & it was cold, but we didn't have snow. Here's the newspaper's weather link:
    http://www.maroon-news.com/home/weather/

Also, if you download the right viewing software (which I haven't)...here's the link to 3 live webcams on campus:
    http://www.colgate.edu/DesktopDefault1.aspx?tabid=2388
  • danalynnedanalynne Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    Thanks Papa!

We called the Admissions office and the inn where we are staying and we are going up to Colgate tomorrow. It seems the roads have been cleared to the asphalt and that the rural route 20 is in acceptable condition. There may be some small accumulation of snow overnight but I was told that central NY handles this with no problem. I should have remembered this from my childhood in Syracuse.

The Admissions office says the program is going forward as scheduled. So we'll see everyone tomorrow. My D will be thrilled.

Dana's Dad
This discussion has been closed.