Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Financial Aid for International Students

danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
edited November 2007 in Colgate University
Does Colgate offer need-based financial aid to international students?
I presume admission is extremely difficult for internationals, but once accepted, is the "full demonstrated need" met ?

I scored 790 Critical Reading, 730 in Math, and 670 in writing.
I hope I'll get really good SAT II scores.

Do I have a chance ?

By the way, I'm Honduran. (Central America)
Post edited by danielcarp17 on

Replies to: Financial Aid for International Students

• gellinogellino Registered User Posts: 3,017 Senior Member
    Your grades matter more than SATs, but that a 1520 SAT is easily in the top 10% of accepted students' SAT scores; especially a 790CR for an international student.
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    i'm also taking SAT II's in December, i know they are not required, but will 700-800 scores significantly help me?
  • Davie223Davie223 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    I e-mailed the admissions office the other day regarding the SAT IIs, and the reply was that they are not used for admissions purposes.
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    thanks davie. Anyway I've got to take the SAT II's since I'm also applying to colleges that require the subject tests.

About my grades and EC's ...

My GPA is 3.72, however I'm ranked 4/83, maybe #1 had a 3.8 GPA.
    EC's: Here's my problem. I don't have much EC's because my school didn't have any activities whatsoever. I know this is not a valid excuse though. Anyway, my only real activity is really good I would say. I go on Saturdays to a rural community some miles from the Honduran capital city Tegucigalpa, to take food, clothes, books, occasionally medicine, etc to the poor community. Actually, this is my Common App essay subject.

Do you think not having many EC's will hurt me?
This discussion has been closed.