Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Colgate ED- chance please?

asergeyenkoasergeyenko Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited February 2010 in Colgate University
Hi everybody, im gonna be applying to college next year and my top choice right now is Colgate. I want to apply there ED but since you only get 1 ED, i dont want to end up using it on a school that i have no shot at. On top of that, there are some other good colleges that i want to apply to. Thats why i was wondering if you guys could tell me if i had a shot at making these colleges:

Colgate (ED)
Tufts (ED2)
Vanderbilt

I have a 90.5 avg in my school which translates to about a 3.7 GPA. I go to a very competitive high school: Stuyvesant high school in New York City, which is ranked 31 in nations best high schools. We dont have a class rank so i dont really know where i stand.

SAT: 2220 780 M 740 W 700 CR
SAT2: Math2: 720 Chemistry:700

Extracurriculars: Alot, most significant:
played club volleyball for 6 years, on school team for 3 years and captain 1 year,
worked and did community service all summer for 4 years of high school,
Part of 3 clubs in my school

Id really appreciate if you guys would tell me your opinion on whether or not i have a shot at these colleges

Thanks everybody
Post edited by asergeyenko on

Replies to: Colgate ED- chance please?

• jpr4513jpr4513 Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    a 90.5 is actually closer to a 3.6 than a 3.7.... but colgates admit rate is double for ed than regular, about 40-45% your sats are good so that will make up for your low gpa, u might want to consider rearranging what schools u do early for such (as tufts and vandy are harder to get into so u wont waste your ed shot)
This discussion has been closed.