Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!
mksuperfanmksuperfan Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
edited February 2010 in Colgate University
I'm a junior female from a small town in NJ. I attend a competitive public high school.

Junior Year Classes:
AP BIO
AP LANG AND COMP
AP US I
Honors French 4
Pre Calc
plus electives

Senior Year Prospective Classes:
AP LIT
AP US 2
AP FRENCH 5
AP STATS
AP EURO
Physics

GPA W: 4.25 but likely to go up
GPA UW: 4.0

Don't have SAT scores yet, I know that makes it hard to chance. Sorry. I HOPE to get 2000+.

ECS:
3 year writer for Newspaper - Editor as a senior (hopefully)
Leader at my church (help run retreats, give speeches on retreats, conduct discussion groups)
Lacrosse every year
Key Club
Big Brother/Big Sister once a week a couple towns over.. I mentor/tutor/and play with a 5th grade boy.. senior year will be my 3rd year with the same kid
National Honors Society
French Honors Society
3-4 Days a week I tutor 3 girls in my town who moved to the US from France 4 years ago. I have been tutoring them since I was a freshman. We have grown very close, and I will most likely be writing my essay on my relationship/experience with them!

I know it is really difficult to chance me with out SATs but if you could just try...
Post edited by mksuperfan on

Replies to: Chance Me

• amon_13amon_13 Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    I can't imagine you not getting in if your test scores are where you expect them to be.
  • mksuperfanmksuperfan Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    With those ECs and that GPA, what are the LOWEST test scores I can get and still have a very decent chance of getting into Colgate?
  • purpletulippurpletulip Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Personally, I would say 2000. I think that if you get 2000+ you have a very decent chance. If you get a 1950, I think you will still get in though. Under 1950, I'm not as sure.
  • DroughtDrought Registered User Posts: 807 Member
    1800. But there is no cut-and-dried distinction between very decent chance and moderately average chance.
  • tigerlily6tigerlily6 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    You have a tough load of classes, great grades, and good extracuricculars. However it is definitely hard to say without SATs, I agree that probably aim for a 2000+ and you'll have a good chance of getting in. Your recommendations and essays are important too though!
  • mksuperfanmksuperfan Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    thanks everybody for responding
  • tenormamatenormama Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    My D had similar stats to yours. She is a junior now. I think she had a 2085 on the SATs. She got in ED. It is a little easier to get in if you apply ED, so if you know you Colgate is your first choice, you might want to try ED. Also, I think they give the essays a lot of weight. The Dean of Admissions wrote a note on D's acceptance letter about how much they enjoyed her essay about our dog. So, it never hurts to write a good essay.
    Hers was a funny story about the adoption of our dog, who had a horrible case of pneumonia and an unfortunately bad hair day.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.