Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Letter from Colgate

167891012»

Replies to: Letter from Colgate

• tayria12tayria12 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I got my package yesterday from FedEx and I live in Seattle. I wasn't expecting to get it so quiclkly. Congrats to everyone!
  • GhoshjGhoshj Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Werd. Anyone got decision letter in-state?
  • laughingmoonlaughingmoon Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    To those accepted: If you go, are you thinking about a pre-orientation wilderness trip? I think it sounds like a ton of fun!
  • mogden106mogden106 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    i live 5 min. away and i already take classes there. I had 3 prof. give me shining letters of recommendation and I was waitlisted. did anyone else have that happen to them?? admissions said i was a shoe-in cause of my grades and all of my extracurriculars and volunteering
  • lilitalilita Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    got rejected but it appears there were 7000 applicants and only 700 got in! I am still happy cause I got accepted to MHC, bentley and lehigh ! :) :) congrats to everybody !
  • cinnamonclovercinnamonclover Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    i got in! =)

im still waiting to hear from tufts, princeton, and upenn. i also got into cornell. but really...i think if it comes down to like colgate and cornell i'm gonna choose colgate. i just loved it so much when i went.
  • cinnamonclovercinnamonclover Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    wait also, for those who got in, did they write a little personalized hand written letter on the bottom of the admissions letter as well? and you could tell it was handwritten haha, did anyone else get that??
  • laughingmoonlaughingmoon Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    cinnamonclover: yes! i think they do it for all admits but i think thats what makes it so special. its very personal!
  • HoneyRoseHoneyRose Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I think it would have been nice if they wrote something personal on the rejection letters, but I guess that's too time consuming?

I'm still really depressed about not getting in. I've been wanting to go to Colgate for years now. But I suppose when the applicant pool is so large, it's hard for students like me to get into schools like Colgate no matter how much we care.
  • ColgateDadColgateDad Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    HoneyRose, sorry you did not get in. Keep in mind that schools like Colgate do not admit just as many good students as they do admit. There's not enough room! That's why you apply to so many colleges. As for not writing a nice note on the "no room" letter, they get 8,000 applications. Can you say "writer's cramp"?

Mogden106, "wait listed" means you still might get admitted. Let them know you really, really want to go to Colgate. And ask how many others are wait listed, and how many they guess they will take off the list. Don't count on it, of course, but maybe . . . And get excited about the colleges that did accept you!
167891012»
This discussion has been closed.